Sunday, October 7, 2007

Milwaukee Marathon

We spent the day in the hot sun driving from spot to spot to support our friend Todd who ran the Lakefront Marathon today. He and Eric have been training since May, so I think we were all glad to see him finish. We both felt badly for him, though, because he trained for a fall marathon, and the weather was in the 80's, and he struggled a good deal because of this. We came home exhausted, dehydrated, and a little bit scorched from sitting in the sun too long. In OCTOBER.

I cannot get over the weather. I hate this unseasonal warm streak. I like the weather in the 80's, don't get me wrong. In JULY. October is light-jacket season, where you get to wear jeans and occasionally a snuggly sweater. The season of a crisp breeze and fall camping. Where you can sit by the fire to stay warm. I cannot wait until the seasonal weather returns in a couple days. The weather guys keep talking as though this warm weather is a good thing...and I do not agree!!

Next weekend is Eric's marathon in Ashland. The weather promises to be in the 50's and sunny, so we're hoping that proves true. This is Eric's first (and most likely last) marathon and we want it to go well for him.

We're going to stay in a cabin and we're hoping it will be a bit like fall camping, without the tent, and with separate bedrooms for the kids. The best of both worlds ;-) We're hoping that my parents can make it, but they will just be getting back from a long vacation and I'm sure they'll be ready to crash at home, unpack, and get settled. So who knows...

Can't wait until next weekend and this whole marathon thing will be in the past!! It has begun to dictate our lives just a touch too much. We'll see what Eric chooses to do next :-)

No comments: