Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Crafty Mama

Yes, it is true. I'm a crafty mama. All right, that is a major exaggeration. A lady at church offered to teach me to crochet. Now, I'm not the most coordinated of people. I tend to make giant knots in the thread when I mend clothes, and anytime I've sat behind a sewing machine it has led to disaster. But for some reason I've been wanting to learn to do something a bit craftier, like crocheting or knitting.

I've been enjoying learning, though. The initial lesson wasn't that successful, but once I figured out my own method and watched a tutorial on YouTube a dozen times or more, I began crocheting a scarf. Now the scarf was less than successful, due to a number of reasons. Number one reason being that each end goes at an angle rather than being straight. I have no idea why this happens. I'm working on a blanket now and I'm trying my best to prevent the whole uphill crocheting...

I've been terrible at updating lately. Hannah has started gymnastics, so I need to take some pictures and come update on that! So I will be back!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

you go girl! I tried crocheting when I was younger, but I never really got the hang of it. I always had that same problem with the scarf going at an angle.... I think it has to do with how hard you are pulling the yarn. It's important to use the same amount of pressure throughout (if that makes sense).

Can't wait to see some pictures of Hannah at gymnastics!