Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Good-bye Huckabee

I was so disappointed in my country last night. It seems that we can never see something that is good and right and embrace it wholeheartedly--either we allow media to manipulate our thinking, or we are just to blind to see truth.

Huckabee gave me hope for my country, my children, and for myself. He ran a good race, and unfortunately was not able to finish with the win. But he finished well, and that is important, too. He did not participate in dirty politics and was a good, honorable man. I've never been so excited to vote, or so proud of my vote.

I sincerely hope to see him back in 2012. I can't imagine being more excited about another candidate.

As for supporting McCain as Huckabee suggested we do...I do not think I'll be able to do that. My husband I will review and discuss before we make a final decision, but I am fairly certain that we had decided to vote for Huckabee or for no one. Most likely we will still be voting for Huckabee. I don't see that McCain is a whole lot better than whichever Democrat makes it to the end.

Thank you, Governor Huckabee, for giving me hope (for however briefly) and for risking it all to run for our president. I wish you had made it!

No comments: