Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Broccoli Saga Part II

As if I needed any further convincing, Hannah has continued to prove to me that she's crazy where broccoli is concerned. Perhaps I ought to try some frozen broccoli so I can understand what the fuss is about.

Last night as I stood by the stove cooking Chicken Alfredo, Hannah says to me "Can I have some frozen broccoli in a bowl, Mommy?" Secretly surprised, I quickly stifled any reaction. I let her think that it was a privilege, inwardly exalting that she's eating a vegetable!! I fill up her bowl and continue cooking.

A few moments later I hear Grace crying (which almost always means that she's fighting with Hannah over something she wants or something Hannah has taken). I ask Hannah was is going on, and sure enough, they are fighting over the bowl of broccoli. I ask Hannah if she can share, and she reluctantly does. Grace is a little less enthusiastic than Hannah, but even still she continued to protest if Hannah wouldn't let her have a piece.

The weirdest part? Hannah came to me about ten minutes later and asked me if she could have some new broccoli because the stuff in her bowl had become yucky. Upon examination, I realized that it had had not become "yucky" it had just become thawed. So broccoli itself? Not so much. But throw it in the freezer and you have a winner. Go figure!

Here is some proof. These were not taken last night, but on a prior frozen broccoli binge:


Caught in the act of snitching.

Mouths full of frozen broccoli!

Showing off a handful of the "good stuff"

No comments: