Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We Survived Freshwater Fury

Eric and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this weekend (seriously--have we been married that long?). We went to Door County, and spent one night at a B&B in Sturgeon Bay.

Before we headed further north, we decided to go to the Maritime Museum. Eric has a thing for boats--and I reluctantly traipsed along because he obviously wanted to go. The Maritime Museum had signs everywhere touting "Can you survive Freshwater Fury?" Nowhere did it say what Freshwater Fury was, we assumed it was some sort of exhibit. Realistically I knew they were just making it sound very cool, but that it was probably just a simple display. Even still, I was a tad bit disappointed when I realized that it not some crazy ride or other exhilarating exhibit. So, since the alternative was to perish of boredom, we made it more interesting. Or at least I did--I think Eric was a bit embarrassed by me (although he did play along--good sport that he is).


"Do I spot a storm coming? Captain, you better check this out!"

"Uh oh...this doesn't look good."
"I've never been in a storm this fierce! If I let go I'll wash away!"
"I better send out a call for help right away! Good thing I know the morse code."

"I should never have agreed to man the wheel while the captain relayed his message! This is harder than it looks!"Yea! We seem to have made it through!


What kind of adventure would this be without the obligatory kiss of the hero and heroine at the end?


Yes, we did go on to spend the rest of our anniversary getaway achieving more romantic (and less goofy) pursuits including walking along Lake Michigan and enjoying the amazing world that God made for us. We attended an outdoor play in the woods, which was fun (if not a bit bug-infested). It was wonderful to be able to enjoy each other and actually be able to finish a thought without having to stop to answer a toddler's question. Ahh, bliss...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

hehehe! That was cute!