Thursday, November 20, 2008

Introducing...???

A baby!! We don't really know who we are introducing yet. We don't know if it is a he or a she. We don't even have a cute nickname that has really caught on. What we DO know is that the baby is due March 17 (but if the previous two hint at anything, we'll see him/her before then), is seemingly healthy, and if the amount of wiggling is any indicator of happiness, our baby is ecstatic to be on the way!

From here on out we shall refer to the baby as a he. This is not in anyway to suggest that the baby IS a boy. We don't know. We asked to not find out, the ultrasound tech didn't utter a word about it, and we didn't see anything to give us any clues. We referred to both Hannah and Grace as "hes" in the womb and they are both secure in their femininity (at least so far!) so we'll keep the trend going and just call the baby a he!

Baby's face profile. We got to see lots of this and I can't complain. We never find out the gender, so the face is the thing I always look forward to seeing the most!

My favorite. Baby's whole body profile. He literally has his legs up by his face!

This was the first profile we saw. The "growth" by the baby's mouth is his hand. He had his hand up by his mouth for most of it. I suspect this is why I feel near constant "tickles" in that area of my belly.

And the classic picture of the foot. I can't wait to tickle them!


So this is our newest pride and joy. Since this baby wasn't necessarily "planned", I've found that I've taken to thinking about the baby as the blessing that God wanted us to have. We were planning a baby in "our" time, and God said "Hey, wait, I have this special little one for you NOW." It took a little bit of time, but I'm very exited to meet him (or her!) I view him as a surprise from God! And I'm always one for surprises!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Have you kept the pregnancy a secret from everyone for this long???? WOW! You're good at keeping secrets!

Cute pictures of the little bean! I really hope that it is a "he" for real. There's nothing like having a baby boy.... :)

Carol said...

Super cute little feet!!

Can't believe you've managed to hold out for the surprise 3 times. I am amazed. I don't have an ounce of will power.