Saturday, November 15, 2008

Belated Halloween

I had intended to post pictures of our Halloween festivities right away after Halloween, but the unexpected loss of Aurora threw away that ambition. But since I think the pictures are still cute two weeks later, I will post the pictures!

Hannah was much more into the carving of the pumpkin this year. She helped scoop out the insides and once she overcame the general "yuck factor" I think she enjoyed herself. Grace was thoroughly disgusted by the entire thing, but she was really excited to sit on the table!

Our grumpy bumblebee and beaming bride. Grace was just bemused by the entire thing. "Why do I have antennas, again?" seemed to be the question in her eyes. Hannah adores dress-up on any day, so dress up that involves getting candy was just pure childhood heaven for her!

When asked to pose for a picture Hannah gracefully settled herself beside her prized Jack-o-Lantern and smiled. I couldn't have set up the picture better myself!

Grace just would not smile in the bee costume. At least not until we asked her to go and get candy. Then she was all smiles! But unfortunately by that point I didn't have the camera!

We had a lot of fun. Next year will probably be the first year that Hannah will specify what she gets to be for Halloween. Usually we use whatever costume we have laying around. That should be interesting!!

No comments: