Thursday, February 26, 2009

37 Weeks

I'm officially the most pregnant I've ever been. Yea for baby #3!!

We had our 37 week check-up today. There is more progress to report--yea!!

I am now dilated to 4cm, which is the minimum they like to see before they'll admit you. I'm 80% effaced and the baby's head has now lowered into the 0 station. It is exciting to see so much progress in a week.

The doctor stripped my membranes today (they do this in attempt to trigger labor) and said that if anything is going to happen it will within 24 hours. Other than some extra crampiness I haven't had anything happen yet, so we'll see. Of course we are also going to have a snowstorm tonight and a change in barometric pressure can sometimes trigger labor. I'm not crossing my fingers, though.

My blood pressure was still okay, but slowly rising. This is often a step toward preeclampsia, a slow upward movement. I mentioned to the doctor that Grace's birthday (the 8th) is next weekend and since my next appointment is two days prior (6th) to Grace's birthday, I'm concerned that if my blood pressure is high they'd want to induce me on the 6th. My doctor was very understanding and is going to have me come in next Tuesday for a blood pressure check. If it is showing an increase, they'll induce me that very day.

I'm of the opinion that I don't want my blood pressure to go up, but if it is going to I'd rather they do something about it before Grace's birthday rather than wait for it to get worse and then have to be in the hospital for it.

Looks like it might be soon!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Congrats, Steph! She's a beauty!