Friday, February 20, 2009

Progress

We had our 36 week doctor appointment (although I'm nearly at 37 weeks, oh well) today. This is the first time that they checked to see what progress has been made. That's always exciting because you know the end is near. The baby will hopefully be born sometime in the next 3 weeks or so.

My blood pressure looked completely normal, so it appears that I may actually have a baby on his/her own schedule (but please, please not on Grace's birthday!!). Although with Grace it was actually rather nice to be induced since she was considered full-term and that allowed my parents to get here in time without all the rushing to the hospital business. But it would be nice to deliver without the benefit of a blood pressure cuff strapped to my arm.

Anyway, for those who are interested I am dilated 3cm (out of 10) and 70% effaced (100% is the goal) and the baby's head is in -1 station (0 is considered engaged and +4 is when the head is leaving the body). Relatively good progress for how far along I am. Technically speaking the baby could arrive at any time. Or I could remain the same for the next few weeks. What will be more telling will be seeing whether there is any change between now and my next doctor appointment. Or, I suppose, if a baby shows up before then :-)

No comments: